- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 140 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 12,000 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Aerospace Engineering encompasses maths, science, and technology to the design, development, and maintenance of technical elements for flying vehicles, including the areas of aircraft engines, aeronautical equipment, aviation radios, and aviation weapons.
Graduates can undertake jobs in a wide range of positions such as:
- Flight planning, air traffic control, aircraft testing, aircraft parts manufacturing.
- Managing and operating aircraft maintenance activities.
- Designing small aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), dual-use vehicles, drones, etc.
- Consulting and designing mechanical, energy systems and production processes.
Companies and corporations often recruit Aerospace Engineers at HCMUT – Bach Khoa are:
- Companies managing, operating, and maintaining aviation: Vietnam Airlines Corporation, Vietnam Airlines Engineering Company, Jetstar Pacific Airlines, Vietjet Aviation Joint Stock Company, Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, etc.
- Companies and corporations researching, designing, and manufacturing international aircraft: Boeing (USA), Airbus (Netherlands), Safran (France), etc.
- Businesses in many related fields (mechanical, petroleum, energy, electricity – electronics, computer engineering): Schlumberger, IBM (USA), Transocean (Switzerland), Petrolimex, Labsoft, Phu My Thermal Power Plant (Vietnam).
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering awarded by HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
After completing 02 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.