- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 140 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 12,000 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Biomedical engineering is the combination and application of the principles of physics, mathematics, biology, and technology to research and manufacturing technical equipment for health care treatment, including diagnosis, monitoring, and therapy.
After graduating from this program, students will be able to design tools, equipment, and software used in health care; design circuits, software to run medical devices or computer simulations to test new drug therapies; design and build artificial body parts (hip joints, knees) or develop the materials to make replacement body parts.
Students complete the programs can work in many positions and fields as below:
- Clinical engineer in charge of managing and operating medical equipment in treatment and diagnostic facilities.
- Specialist in medical equipment at public and private hospitals, health facilities; companies trading and manufacturing equipment in the field of medical, biotechnology, environmental technology.
- Lecturers, researchers of biomedical engineering.
Medical facilities and companies often recruit graduates in this sector are:
- Central, public and private hospitals in provinces and cities nationwide.
- Foreign or domestic companies in medical equipment and services.
- Institute of Biomedical Physics, institutes/schools with training in Biomedical Engineering.
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering awarded by HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
After completing 02 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
At HCMUT Chemical Engineering, we see potential in everything. We flourish in that pivotal space where engineering, physics, chemistry and mathematics intersect. And, HCMUT-Bach Khoa is one of the top universities in Vietnam for Chemical Engineering – so we provide the perfect place to develop your potential.