- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 144 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 16,700 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Closely linked with the fundamental subjects of chemistry, biology, mathematics, and physics — and in close collaboration with fellow engineering disciplines. Chemical Engineering provides students with essential knowledge in physical, chemical, and biological processes, engineering design, and synthesis skills; creatively shape and solve complex problems.
*HCMUT – Bach khoa is the only university in the South of Vietnam that provides this program in English.
Graduates have solid professional knowledge to work in areas such as mineral mining, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, alcohol, plastic, packaging…
Career opportunities include works on operational management and operating chemical manufacturing technology equipment systems, system design and calculation, product research and development, product analysis – management…
Companies often recruit graduates of this sector are:
- Oil and Gas: Petrovietnam – Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, Saigon Petro
- Design consulting firm on technological process: Techip , Toyo,..
- Food – pharmaceutical companies: Acecook , Domesco, Coca-Cola,…
- Companies manufacturing chemical product: Unilever, P&G,…
- Environment remediation companies: Greentech,…
- Cement companies: Holcim, HaTien 1,…
- Fertilizer: Ca Mau Fertilizer Plant, Phu My Fertilizer Plant,…
- Students have 2 options:
- Option 1:
- Students study at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering awarded by HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
- Option 2:
- After completing 02 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to the University of Adelaide (Australia) the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia).
- The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia).
- Please visit The University of Adelaide (ADL), Australia for more information.
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT)
- Campus: HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) campus. For more information about HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus.
Semester Course Credit(s) 1 Calculus 1 4 1 Linear algebra 3 1 Physics 1 4 1 Biology 2 1 General Chemistry A 3 1 General Chemistry Laboratory 1 1 Physical Education 1 0 1 Military Training 0 1 Introduction to Vietnam’s Law 2 Semester Course Credit(s) 2 Calculus 2 4 2 Communication Skills for Engineers 2 2 Inorganic Chemistry 2 2 Analytical Chemistry 2 2 Environment and Human 2 2 Physical Education 2 0 2 Basic Principles of Marxism-Leninism 5 2 Statistics and Data Analysis 2 Semester Course Credit(s) 3 Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory 2 3 Organic Chemistry A 3 3 Analytical Chemistry Laboratory 2 3 Physical Education 3 0 3 Technical Drawing 3 3 Physical Chemistry 1 2 3 Direction of the Vietnam Communist Party 3 3 Mechanics Processes 3 Semester Course Credit(s) 4 Organic Chemistry Laboratory 2 4 Physical Chemistry 2 2 4 Process Technology 1 3 4 Heat Transfer 3 4 Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology 2 4 Technical English 2 4 Mass Transfer 3 Semester Course Credit(s) 5 Physical Chemistry Laboratory 2 5 Process and Equipment Practice 2 5 Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering 2 5 Process Safety 2 5 Reaction Engineering 2 5 Chemical Plant Design 2 5 Project Research and Analysis 2 Semester Course Credit(s) 6 Unit Operations Laboratory 2 6 Basis of Chemical Plant Design 2 6 Simulation and Optimization 3 6 Catalytic Technology 3 6 Process Control 3 6 Project: Process and Equipment 2 6 Pipes – Oil Tank Engineering 2 6 Material Corrosion Resistance 2 Semester Course Credit(s) 7 Oil Refinery Technology 2 7 Petrochemical Technology 2 7 Gas Processing Technology 2 7 Petroleum Products 2 7 Petrochemical Laboratory 2 7 Graduation Internship 3 Semester Course Credit(s) 8 Renewable Energy and Bio-energy 2 8 Elective courses (2 courses) 4
TUITION FEE & SCHOLARSHIP
The annual tuition fee is around 2,600 USD. The exact amount depends on the number of credits students register to study each semester. Please see the tuition fee structure in the link here.
Annual scholarships are provided for international students who have excellent performance during their studying time. Please see the scholarship programs here.
Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Bach khoa) receives applications to study Bachelor's degree programs all year round.
Students complete the online application form here and submit the required documents to the International Admission Department of the University.
► Read more on GENERAL INFORMATION OF ADMISSION
Generally, students who graduate from high school with the minimum average grade of 65% are eligible to apply for admission of study programs.
Read more on the Admission Requirements here.