- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 120 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 80-100 million vnd(*)
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
*Program is accredited by ABET
Computer Engineering focuses on design, analysis, and application of computers and its system components. The program provides a strong and broad technical foundation, professional engineering skills, leadership ability, and a well-rounded experience.
Graduates of this major will have a wide range of career opportunities; they have the option of moving into hardware or software positions, or blending the two. Typical industries hiring computer engineers, include financial services, computer manufacturers, chemical companies, defense contractors, consulting, transportation, manufacturing, and consumer goods. Computer engineers are equally successful in large multinational firms and small startups.
Graduates of Computer Engineering can take a lot of work in the fields of Computer and Information Technology such as:
- Designing and constructing of software, hardware for automatic control equipment like the control device in automobile, electronic equipments, barcode reading equipments, industrial robots, industrial chains.
- Managing and building security solutions for computer system and computer network.
- Working for software outsourcing companies in the USA, Japan and Europe markets.
- Consulting, appraising and developing information technology projects and solutions.
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT for 4 years and get a Bachelor of Computer Engineering awarded by HCMUT.
After completing 02 years at HCMUT, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our following oversea partner universities in Australia in the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor’s degree:
Discrete Structures for Computing
Introduction to Computing
|Year 2||Computer Architecture
Computer Hardware Lab
Data Structures and Algorithms
Electric Circuits Analysis
Electronic Devices and Circuit
Logic Design with Verilog
Professional Skills for Engineers
Probability and Statistics
Logic Design Project
|Year 3||Computer Networks
Data and Computer Communication
Digital Signal Processing
|Performance Evaluation of Systems
Vietnamese Culture & Language
Computer Engineering Project
|Year 4||Discipline Elective 1
Discipline Elective 2
Discipline Elective 3
Discipline Elective 4
Social Education Electives