- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical – Electronics)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 124 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 80-100 million VND*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
The program is a part of the National Project and operates according to the latest curriculum from UIUC (USA).
The program equips students with modern knowledge, professional skills and abilities to use informatics & communication tools. It was developed to apply advanced training technology from United States partner universities.
After graduating the Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT), engineers can take a lot of work in the field of Computer and Information Technology as:
- Design and construction of software, and hardware for automatic control equipment like the control device in automobiles, electronic equipment, barcode reading equipment, industrial robots, and industrial chains.
- Managing and building security solutions for computer systems and computer networks.
- Working for software outsourcing companies in the USA, Japan, and Europe markets.
- Consulting, appraising, and developing information technology projects and solutions.
Students have 2 options:
Students taking this program will spend 04 years studying at HCMUT. Students who graduated from this program will receive the degree – Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering from HCMUT.
- The first three years: The program is completely similar to the program at UIUC. Students will focus on learning interdisciplinary basic knowledge.
- The last year: Students will choose one of the three major concentrations to study, including Power and Energy Systems, Communication Systems, and Control Engineering.
After completing 02 years at HCMUT, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our following oversea partner universities in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan for the later 02 years to complete their study for a Bachelor’s degree:
- The University of Queensland (Australia)
- Macquarie University (Australia)
- The University of Adelaide (Australia)
- Griffith University (Australia)
- Nagaoka University of Technology (Japan)
The official bachelor’s degree is awarded by the partner university.
The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% on the total fee (tuition fee and living expenses) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan to get a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by the partner university.
Year 1 Calculus
Calculus of Several Variables
Engineering Lecture + English for Electrical-Electronics Engineering
General Chemistry Lab
Intro to Computing Systems
Intro to Elec & Computer Engineering
University Physics – Mechanics
Vietnamese Culture & Language
Year 2 Analog Signal Processing
Digital Systems Laboratory
Electronics Circuits Laboratory
Intro Differential Equations
Intro Electromagnetic Fields
Solid State Electronic Devices
Univ Physics – Thermal Phys
University Physics – Elec & Mag
Univ Physics – Quantum Phys
Year 3 Computer Systems Engineering
Digital Signal Processing
Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
Lines, Fields, and Waves
Power Circuits and Electromechanics
Principles of Composition
Probability with Engrg Applications
Capstone Project 1
Capstone Project 2
Year 4 Communication Networks
Electrical Machinery Laboratory (proposed by ECE- HCMUT)
Industrial Quality Control
Intro to Image and Video Processing
Intro to Control Systems + Control Eng Lab
Introduction to Robotics
Industrial Automation + Lab
Nonlinear and Adaptive Control
Power Electronics Laboratory
Radio Communication Circuits
Sensors and Intrumentation
Senior Design Project
Techniques for Engineering Decisions