- Bachelor of Engineering (Bridge and Highway)
- Duration: 4 years
- No. of credits: 140 credits
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition fee: approx. 12,000 USD*
(*for studying 4 years in Vietnam)
Bridge and Highway Engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities to provide for the safe, efficient, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods.
Students will develop knowledge and skills in the planning, design, construction and implementation of building and infrastructure facilities specialized in roadways and bridges.
Opportunities for students graduating with Bridge and Highway Engineering Degree are expected to increase in the next decades.
The job varies depending on the nature of the transport system and the size and type of employer. Graduates may generally involve in analyzing data, identifying problems and solving them with innovative solutions. They may also develop new roads and design traffic patterns. Besides that, supervision of transportation construction is usually included in transportation engineer tasks.
Some of the popular jobs in Bridge and Highway Engineering are listed, but not restricted to, as the following:
- Construction Engineer: working onsite to manage the construction and to ensure that a particular project is on schedule, is built according to the design and is safe for the workers involved.
- Transportation Planner: planning to build transportation roadways and facilities together with balancing the needs and concerns of the public with the demands of the project.
- Transportation Designer: Designing transportation projects considering the cost and the impact to the surrounding environment.
- Graduates can become consultants for transportation constructions or lecturers in colleges and universities as well.
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Bridge and Highway Engineering awarded by HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
After completing 02 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT), students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Bridge and Highway Engineering awarded by HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT).
- Campus: HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) campus. For more information about HCMUT – Bach khoa (HCMUT) campus, please visit our campus.
SEMESTER 1 CREDITS 1 English 1 2 2 National Defense Training (Theory) 0 3 National Defense Training (Practice) 0 4 Physical Education 1 0 5 Linear Algebra 3 6 Calculus 1 4 7 Physics 1 4 8 Introduction to Engineering 3 9 Physics Lab 0 10 Human and Environment 3 SEMESTER 2 CREDITS 1 English 2 2 2 Physical Education 2 0 3 Calculus 2 4 4 Physics 2 4 5 General Chemistry 3 6 Engineering Drawings 3 7 Static 3 SEMESTER 3 CREDITS 1 English 3 2 2 Basic Principles of Marxim-Leninism 5 3 Probability & Statistics 3 4 Inorganic Chemistry 3 5 Strength of Materials 4 6 Fluid Mechanics 3 7 Physical Education 3 0 SEMESTER 4 CREDITS 1 English 4 2 2 Numerical Methods 3 3 Mechanics of Structures 4 4 Construction Materials 3 5 Engineering Geology 2 6 Concrete Structures 3 Summer Engineering Internship 1 SEMESTER 5 CREDITS 1 Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology 2 2 Soil Mechanics 4 3 Basis of Surveying 3 4 Steel Structures 1 2 5 Hydraulics and Hydrology 3 6 Selective Course
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Construction Economics and Law 3 Principles of Construction Economics and Management 3 SEMESTER 6 CREDITS 1 Direction of the Vietnam Communist Party 3 2 Foundation Engineering 3 3 Bridge Design 1 4 4 Highway Engineering 1 4 5 Highway Construction and Maintenance 3 Summer Graduation Internship 3 SEMESTER 7 CREDITS 1 Thesis Outline 0 2 Bridge & Highway Foundations 4 3 Bridge Construction 3 4 Structural Testing 1 5 Selective Courses(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 6 credits) 6 Bridge Design 2 3 Applied Informatics To Bridge & Highway Engineering 3 Topics in Transportation Construction 3 Highway Engineering 2 3 Experiments and Highway Materials 3 Dynamics of Structures 3 SEMESTER 8 CREDITS 1 Graduation Thesis 9 2 Selective Courses
(Choose subjects to accumulate at least 3 credits)
3 Construction Project Management 3 Railway Engineering 3 Tunnel Engineering 3 Urban Engineering 3 Traffic Engineering 3
At HCMUT Chemical Engineering, we see potential in everything. We flourish in that pivotal space where engineering, physics, chemistry and mathematics intersect. And, HCMUT-Bach Khoa is one of the top universities in Vietnam for Chemical Engineering – so we provide the perfect place to develop your potential.